Tuesday, August 18, 2020

MAY 2020 PART 1 & PART 2

MAY PART 1
(QUARANTINED)

We are still under quarantine. So come along while we are still waiting to be with family and friends.

Tesla had her baby kittens.
Too many kittens now. Please take some home with ya.

I already claim this little cutie we call Skunk.


*** SOCIAL DISTANCING ***
We had Lauren and her mom Lisa over to look at the baby bunnies. She had saved up her money to get one and she was overjoyed with excitement for them. We did social distance with them and moved the rabbits out of our barn to an open area.

Lauren carefully held each one and loved up on them.


She had a lot to choose from. It wasn't an easy decision for her.

I am glad she took her time to not only find the right bunny but it gave her mom and I a chance to talk. 

Beautiful evening skies!


Tim and I social distancing while picking up more compost.
His beard is bushy just the way I like it. He has to wait on me to trim his hair and beard.

Been plenty of days just hanging out on the porch drinking my coffee, watching the fish jumping up in our pond, listening to the birds singing their songs, watching frogs hopping around.

All the while hanging out with my dogs Scout and Willow.

We have several projects we have been working on. One of the projects is to finally get our little deck built for our pool. The ladder that we got with our pool is just flimsy and rusting out after one season. Tim had started the process but I didn't get pictures of the beginning as I was working on other stuff. Kaitlin is securing the deck boards on. So the base is almost done.

It was a beautiful day to be working on the pool decking.

They got a light out so they could keep working on it.

The next day. Now Tim just has to cut the boards evenly.
Don't mind the pool. We took the cover off early and I haven't messed with it until he cuts those boards.
It doesn't look too bad since it was shut down last summer.

I am checking out the garden and took the row cover off just to have a closer look. Getting excited for when our produce is ready to eat.

Meat chickens are getting bigger and moving around more and they sure are noisy.

God gives us such beauty in these times.
A daily reminder that he is here.

Life on the farm doesn't stop just because of the Corona Virus.
Our broody hen hatched out several baby chicks.

There is just something about new life on the farm!!

Spring still came and summer is approaching. This virus didn't stop any of it. We still have had our share of rain. We still have morning and night. The moon still shines brightly at night. Corona Virus might have stopped us from being with family right now but it can't stop us from loving them and showing them from afar. 
I will say it again 2020 has started out rough but it's how we finish in the end is what counts.

Out checking on our heifers.
All I want to see right now is their back side. We are waiting on baby calves to come. The anticipation is killing me!!


The girls and I headed back to Jamesport to the nursery.
Gardening seems to be the key ticket this year. But it's been hard getting some of the plants I don't normally start from seeds.
I just love hanging out with these beautiful girls I get to call my daughters.

Let's check out what we have been doing.....

Fat chunky baby rabbit.
Aren't they the cutest!!!!

Momma Telsa taking care of her kittens.

Raising baby meat chickens for ourselves and our customers.

Growing a garden

Watching a seed sprout up.
Isn't that the coolest!?!


Just hanging out with a horse.

Don't forget the dog too.
Life couldn't be any better than that.

My girls heading off to work.
 It sure seems like I say goodbye a lot more lately.
Growing up is like growing pains for parents.
I'm happy in one hand but miss them in the other.

Tim working on the steps for the pool deck.

And just like that the steps are in.
Great job!!

Tim fixed a small hole of a patch job done poorly.
He took out all the not so good concrete.

That's a big chunk of messed up concrete.

Leaving us a good size hole into our basement.

Tim filling it with concrete to give a smoother look to it.

Our meat chickens are getting bigger.
They soon will be going out in the tractors.




PART 2
(NOT QUARANTINED)

~~~MOTHER'S DAY~~~


Mother's Day was an exciting day for me.
Not only am I blessed to be with my wonderful husband Tim and beautiful daughters Skylar and Kaitlin. I got blessed with my oldest daughter Jessica and her husband Leith and all of their beautiful blessings too!!
We shared much needed hugs and kisses. I have missed them so much. Video calls and phone calls don't do any justice.


Taking pictures with Skylar.
Not sure the thing she uses for this, but it's cool.






I love them girls. They are just growing up too fast. I have worked myself out of a job with them. Homeschooled my last one. Now we are planning her graduation. Not sure how that will look with things this year.

I enjoyed watching all the kids enjoy everything on the farm.
There was s'more making, running,  

climbing,

animal petting,


Picture taking, so there was proof we were together.

My beautiful basket of flowers that they brought me.

I found the perfect spot for it. I can even see them from our dining room table.


I enjoy the kids making drawings on the driveway. It is just a reminder of creative minds drawing away.


I had to add another feeder.
Now up to 3.

Almost needing more room.
We have 25 more than we normally do. I'm waiting on their white feathers to grow in a little more before putting them outside without at heat light.


Our mini green house outside is housing tons of plants for us.


One of my favorite bushes that bloom beautiful flowers.
It's not in a ideal place and for 2 years I have said "I'm gonna move it". Still not moved but sure think it's pretty.

Texas potatoes and Baked chicken with mozzarella cheese and bacon. YUM!!

Do you see it????


 No not the dog!


It's on the roof!


Do you see it yet??


On the garage roof!


It's our turkey (Royal Palm)
Not so cool when he wants to hang out there and poo all night in one spot. Life on the farm is always interesting.

Could this just be??
 I have been waiting and waiting and waiting.
I am not a patient person. 

I see she is so close. Of course I am told she can be weeks to a month looking like this. 
Please baby calf come soon as I want to meet you.
I'm also told Dexter calves are small like a dog.
I can't wait any longer.

Movie night with these beautiful girls.

And just like that she had her calf. The same day just later in the day.
 I will claim that the baby heard me calling her out.

She is so tiny!!


Scout is bigger than her.
Oh my she is small but so cute. Now all I do is want to pet her and love her.

Meet "Tiny" our new Dexter heifer calf.

Telsa's kittens are moving about. When they hear us coming into the barn they get excited to see us.

Now that's different.

Tim is pulling these chicken tractors out of storage.

Getting the tarps put on one by one.


Adding nipple waterers and food trays.

Got the tractors all set up and now we just have to put the meat chickens in them when they are ready.

Miss Piggy and her baby calf Tiny.


Tiny

Little Red Hen hatched out some baby chicks.

Getting the meat chickens moved out into the tractors.

One by one 

we kept adding 

25 to each of the 4 tractors

Until they were all in.


They look happy that they can spread out.

Out taking care of evening chores.
I love our beautiful evening with a colorful sky.

The chicken is checking them out.

Tim and I are out taking a walk around our pond.
This is what our house looks like from the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment