Wednesday, August 19, 2020

2ND BATCH OF MEAT CHICKENS!!

Our 2nd batch of meat chickens for 2020 are coming soon!!!

I decided since we were a little crowded in the meatie shed, I would move the meat chickens into a tractor with a heat light. Cover up the sides a bit to help hold in some heat. I got it set up and just waiting for the call from the post office.

The call came a day early. So off I went to the post office.

I like the taller boxes. 

50 of them are going in the meatie shed for Aaron to pick up.
This way he can grab and go.

Now on to dip 100 beaks into water.
Sounds like fun. It's really not. 
It's HOT!!!

As you can see they are really thirsty.
I fill their water days before they come. This way the water isn't so cold for them. In the colder months I turn on the heat lights so the water isn't as cold.



All 50 of their beaks have been dunked.

Nights have been a little cooler than normal. I was worried about them. The tractor looks like it is glowing.

They look comfortable.

Next morning all is well. They survived their first night.
Now off to take care of something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment