Thursday, August 20, 2020

4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION!!!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!


This is a day of celebration,


To be with loved ones,


and to celebrate freedom!!!

Today we celebrate our blessings. To be a family and be able to be with one another. 
Jessica, Leith and our grandkids came over to help celebrate it with us. We did some archery. It's been awhile since I did this. I had to knock the cob webs off of my case. It's been sitting way too long.


Made an apple pie.
Still warm from the oven.

Butterflied 2 whole chickens. 

Seasoned up real well for the grill.

Cutting up potatoes for ranchy potato wedges.

The kids are lighting a few day time fireworks.

Jessica & Krystal

Brieanna, Jessica and Krystal (aka Grandma)
Krystal (aka Grandma) and Isabella Grace

We are having a big feast!!
Grilled Chicken
Smoked Sausage
Hot Dogs
Ranchy Potato Wedges

Buttery Bacon Corn
??Salad
??Ham Pasta
Bean Dip
And lots for dessert!!!

If you're hungry when you leave it's your own fault. Because we can serve up some delicious food.

Everybody is digging in. There will be plenty for seconds and for dinner too.


Tim (aka Grandpa), Liam and Krystal (aka Grandma)

Another fun thing we did was go shoot some guns.
Leith got a new one and wanted to get some practice in using it.




Jessica is such a wonderful mom. Always caring for her children. She was worried about the bugs and was spraying them down with some homemade spray she makes.

We all took turns shooting.
The kids really loved doing this part.

We still had our bows out when Skylar and Kaitlin came home from work. Kaitlin had to try out her bow. She really needs a new one if she wants to keep practicing.

Night couldn't come quick enough for the little kids.
They were ready for sparklers!!!

Kaitlin

Isabella

EmilyMae

Liam

Tristen

Tons of fun right there!


We were having a blast!

I finally got a picture with Skylar.



And we can't forget the yearly tradition of them bomb pops.
The kids enjoy them every year.

Let's not forget about the apple pie. That's what I have been waiting for all day.


OUR FLAG

She waves for my attention,
So free upon the breeze.
The sun reflects her stars and stripes,
As proud as she can be.

She tells a tale of people lost,
Who came to find their way
And carried on through every loss,
To bring us here today.

She reminds me of the brave who fought
To keep our country strong
And shouts at me of victories
To right egregious wrongs.

She whispers to our children
Of all this country has to give
And begs that they stand up for her
And give thanks for how they live.

She cries to me of apathy,
Of prejudice and hate,
Of disrespect for what she stands,
And a Constitution we forsake.

She demands that I acknowledge her
And what she means to me
And dares me to imagine life
If she should cease to be.

And still in Glory she unfurls
And gives me hope again
For a people reunited,
And a country on the mend.

So each time I see her wave at me,
I'll stop and gaze above
And take a moment to respect
This country that I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment