Tuesday, August 25, 2020

KAITLIN'S GRADUATION!!!!!

This is a big deal!!

My youngest,

My baby,

My last homeschooled child!!!

She is graduating this year. Amongst all this craziness going on.
We put it off for a month later to give some time for people to adjust to this social distancing thing. We aren't too worried about it, but still want people to feel safe coming over. So we sent out the invites. Now we wait and see who will come. 

Kaitlin was at work when I picked up her cake.
Sometimes it is hard to design it without seeing something down on paper. (This was all the day before her graduation)

We had them add the roses not knowing where they would be positioned on the cake. We left it up to them.
So picking this up I was really pleased. They got it spot on!

Later that day Tim and I went and picked up the tables and chairs.

~GRADUATION DAY~

We got the coolers ready.

We got the TV and computer hooked up for the slideshow.

I got an area decorated for her cards to go in a basket, people to sign her book, and senior picture board.


We got the table ready for the cake. We won't bring it out until last minute. It is gonna be a HOT one today.

We are having the graduation catered for us.
This something I am not use to. I am in charge of food and feeding crowds. So this was a change for me. Hard to let the reins go for this. Let me tell you, it was so nice not having to worry about stirring something, adding more of this, wiping this up, refilling, the list goes on and on.

We got all the tables setup. I know, not social distancing but I did want to welcome everyone and for it to feel cozy. We had other tables further away. Everyone was welcomed to move chairs/tables. Surprisingly everyone stayed together and close. 

Friends started to show up.
Caterer arrived and started setting up. Oh my, the food smelled good.

We are getting ready for the ceremony and I just had to take a picture of these beautiful people who came out on the hottest day to help celebrate Kaitlin's accomplishments. 

This just warmed my heart!!


We kept the ceremony short and sweet.

We presented her with her diploma.

Now for the hugs 

and tears.
What an accomplishment on all of us.

 Announcing, Kaitlin our 2020 graduate in all this craziness!
A time she will remember forever. So proud of her. I am looking forward to her next chapter in her life and where the Lord will take her. I have been so blessed to have been a part of her everyday life and teaching her. This is a bitter sweet moment for me. I am ending my chapter of homeschooling and letting go of my child. I knew this day would come, boy it just came too fast. When you are in the ditches sometimes you don't see the light at the end of it. When you realize it you start back peddling to slow it down, but your already at the end. She's grown up and ready to fly!
(As I write this tears just stream down my face)

I am so blessed to call her my daughter.

Way to go Kaitlin!!!!


Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
~Proverbs 22:6

Kaitlin's well earned diploma.

Our caterers Mike and Daniella with Rivals BBQ.


We set up 2 tables for them and they did the rest.
They decorated them beautifully with her colors.




Jake and Brieanna started the line.
Everyone was hungry. 


It was so nice to see everyone enjoying themselves.

Some of these kids I have been blessed to watch them grow up and graduate. Many blessings and long time friends.

Kaitlin chatting with some of her friends.



My granddaughters enjoying just another day on the farm.
Hanging out with Scout and picking up sticks.

I love these 4 kids at this table!!!
Jake and Ashley
Jessica and Leith


Kenny even played his saxophone.

Sherry and Skyler weren't able to stay but Kaitlin got a few minutes to visit with them.

Lauren, Kaitlin and Hope

Cake time!!!!



Perfect timing on the TV screen. Yes that is Kaitlin and her long hair.

Kay (aka Gram-cracker) helped to cut and dish up some cake.

So many blessings today!!
Good Friends and Family and our Lord for knowing what today would bring.


Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment