Friday, August 5, 2016

A RAINY START!

Rain clouds were lurking about this morning. I told the girls lets get all of the outside work done before the rain comes. We went to care for the animals and when we got to the barn, we couldn't find the little kittens. We saw Phantom but no kittens. At this point those little ones come out when they hear us. We know there is a fox coming in the yard. Lost another guinea. So we decided to get the other stuff done and will look later for them. The sky was gloomy and so were the girls' faces. 

 The little chicks were out and about this morning.


Looks like another blessing to can. Had a friend tell me that her and her daughter would like to come learn how to can. This is awesome. I don't know everything about canning. I taught myself and my daughters. We have made mistakes but learned valuable lessons from it.

 Sage is doing good. I didn't harvest any today it will be my next batch.

 I harvest some peppermint today.
 This is huge!

 Alex climbing on the wood pile while I was harvesting some herbs today.
 And Ninja is always in the garden when we are picking.

 I grabbed some Lemon Balm and..........

....... Thyme, Rosemary and .........


....... don't forget the basil. Last time I took it in the house it smelled like basil for a couple of hours. It smells so good.

 Today's herb harvest and a couple of cherry tomatoes on top!



 
I didn't plant this cherry tomato in my herb garden. But it is choking out my Rosemary plant.
 
See above pictures. Poor Rosemary!

We went back to look for kittens and the little chicks are hanging out in the hen house. Too many chicks for this space. Next thing I know they are gonna want to sleep in with them too.

Guess What????


Give up?

I don't blame you.


WE FOUND THE KITTENS!

 Not sure why they are in this area. It is a little safer than where they were. Since these little ones come out and are very friendly, I don't think any place would be safe in the barn. At least not easy access for Phantom to get to them. But, so glad we found them. The girls gloomy faces turned to big smiles, excitement and relief. Rain is coming so better head in. We finally get to get some breakfast or early lunch at this point.


 But first, I have to show you this celery plant I am growing. Looking good so far.

 Yep here comes the rain and........

 ....... here comes our breakfast. Nothing beats fresh farm eggs. 

 Got the tomatoes layed out.

 Herbs in the dehydrator.


 Here is a picture of some of the canning we have done. This is only a small section of the pantry.

 Aspen is doing good and liking her new cage.



 

With this we say,
Thank you God for painting us a beautiful picture every night.


Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for coming along with us today!







No comments:

Post a Comment