Saturday, October 12, 2019

GRAPES & GREEN PEPPER HARVEST

~~GRAPES........

Tim and I are harvesting the grapes this year.
I am super excited we are finally harvesting a big batch. Since planting them 3 years ago. Last year we had a small amount we ate fresh and then the Japanese Beetles took it over. 

It's starting to look like fall around here.

The plan is to wash them off.

Then put them in the refrigerator until the next day.

~~ Green Peppers..........

Check out the harvest Kaitlin and I picked.
There are only 2 eggplants in the baskets. That's a whole lot of peppers. I know what we are having for dinner this week.

~~ Back to the Grapes.....

I took them out of the refrigerator and put them in a pot. I added water to cover the top of them. I let them simmer for about 30 minutes. 

Then I put cheesecloth over a strainer and a pot underneath. I let it strain for 2 hours and then put it in the refrigerator. Ran out of time to finish it.


So I got so busy this was 2 days later...
 I got the pot warmer back up on the stove. I put my canning pot on the the stove. I got my jars and other such canning items ready to go.


This stuff smells so good. I sure wished you could smell it.


Now let's see how much we can make.



Wiping the rims off with vinegar. I am making sure we have a good seal.


Water bathing them for 10 minutes for pints.


Got 7 pints canned. We did have a 1/2 pint. Kaitlin and I just had to try it. Super delicious!!


~~~ BACK TO THE PEPPERS .......


Kaitlin worked so hard cutting and bagging up these peppers.


We couldn't believe how many peppers we got. This is more than we have harvested in the past. I actually had less plants this year.


We bagged up 4 big bags for the freezer.
We left out a bunch more for our dinner.


I made stuffed green peppers for dinner. I made enough for 2 nights worth. I stuffed it with rice, sausage and topped it with mozzarella cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment