Thursday, October 17, 2019

GETTING SOME THINGS READY FOR WINTER!


This silkie coop was all open on 3 sides. Last winter we put up a tarp just to help with the wind and snow blowing in. 
That tarp didn't last long but it was a quick fix in the middle of it.

Since the silkies are in the tractors for the summer I decided to get this ready for winter. I put the metal sheets up.
I really hope this helps this winter. Not sure if I will take it down for the summer or not.

It does make it a little darker in the coop.

Before moving the silkies back in I need to shorten the height of the nesting box. I shorten it and added a divider. So now I have 2 boxes.


I got all the silkies added to the new and improved coop.

I am hoping they will start coming up to me and feeding out of my hand. It was harder with them being in different tractors in the pasture.


Some of the baby chicks that were in the tractor got big enough to be in the big Hen House. I don't think they realize they can go out.
I got 2 more chicken tractors shut down.

Poor little one was so scared I had to lift her down.

I love to watch Squirt climb this ladder everyday.
She doesn't come down it just goes up it.

I got the no freeze waterers hooked up for the Hen House.


I finally got some boards cut to keep these containers from sagging.
(Grit and Shells)
Marking things off the get ready for winter list.
Another one done and several more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment