Thursday, March 22, 2018

PLANTING INDOOR SEEDS!

I am so ready for spring!
What about you? I don't want to jump right in with summer but please bring on the spring like weather. It's been cold here. Just too cold to start seeds. But, I am doing it anyways. I like the harvesting part. Fresh veggies right out of your garden. So let the seed planting begin.

 I used my soil block maker.

This is normally easy to make. I hurt my wrist the other day and this was difficult to make. So as you go through the pictures it took over a week to get this done. I would use my hand and it would swell back up. I let the swelling go down and back to making my soil blocks again. And repeat until I got them planted.

 Planting 2 different types of cauliflower and broccoli.

 Using my new indoor nursery.

 Remember the elderberry plants I bought?
They have buds on the them.


 I seed saved from my pepper plants and banana peppers last year.
Let's see how they do this year.

 I did buy one package of seeds this year of peppers.
We use lots of peppers around year. We eat them fresh and for cooking.

 Two different types of cabbage.

I am thinking I need another one of these nice indoor nursery setups.

Alex and Phantom



So I bought two more.

More planting.

Lettuce, Radishes, and some purple cabbage.

You can never have too much cabbage.

 Scout and Willow


My seeds are sprouting!!

 I haven't started the tomato seeds yet. There is a few more I am not sure if I want to start them indoors.

 Check out how big the elderberry plants are now. I think we might be planting them this weekend or next. I just really need to find the right location for them.


 Look at them a week later. They have grown!
They are ready to be planted. I don't think we are doing that this weekend. 

 I have been buying these purple potatoes at the store. I can't wait until we harvest ours.

Tim and I were talking the other day. We don't think I bought enough potatoes. So I will need to get some more picked up. We talked about putting them in baskets but now changed our minds after finding another way of planting them. Stay tuned for that.

I had to take the dome off of this tray.

Our Barn Rooster. That really is his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment