Friday, March 23, 2018

CANNING BUTTER/PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE COOKIES!

A couple of days ago I went and picked up my co-op order.
We were down to one jar left on the shelf from canning butter just last year. We use butter to cook with and bake. Plus lets face it everything tastes better with butter.


I got one batch jarred. I don't think I planned this very well this time. The girls were gone most of the day. The jars will need to be shaken for several hours to keep the milk from separating. Last time I made the butter the girls helped and not long afterwards Tim was home to help. Four people meaning eight hands last year and only two hands this time. I didn't do the math before making it.

Got the second batch started and the supplies.

Waiting on the butter to completely melt.

That's the last of it, now to wipe the rims off.
Then put the seals and rings on. Shake 'em and shake 'em.

Shaking them is the longest process. It takes 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours until they are cooled.

I was able to get my scooby started so I could make homemade Kombucha. It's so expensive in the store. A friend of mine let me try her homemade batch. Super yummy!

I even had time to make some pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies.
Now don't forget to keep shaking the butter jars!

Pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies:

3 cups Flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup oats
1 can pumpkin
2 pinches of baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup yogurt
1 bag of chocolate chips

Cream it all together. 

Spoon out on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
These are super yummy! Not too sweet just enough though.

The girls made it home and look what Skylar bought me. 
My kids - I just love them!
It makes my eyes tear up with the things they do and the love they show. I am a blessed women everyday. I thank God for all of it!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment