Tuesday, March 6, 2018

MY BIG CROCHETED BLANKET!

I have crocheted many items and have given them away.
I have crocheted baby blankets. But crocheting a blanket for our bed. Why not?

 Here I have sat for 3 months crocheting away.
I started and gone through 2 jumbo skeins. I didn't like how it looked. I took it out. I started again. I got through 3 jumbo skeins. Decided on the stitch I was using was gonna make the blanket too heavy. Finally, after the third time, I liked the stitch. So for months I sat crocheting whenever I could. I was determined to get it done while we are still in the winter months. I have never done this big of a project before. I didn't use a pattern. I just knew, I wanted it big and I really liked the stitch.


 I used 8 1/2 skeins of jumbo yarn for a king size bed.

I was excited when I got to put it on our bed.
We have been sleeping with it for about a week now.
It does really keep us warm. That was the whole point of making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment