Friday, March 23, 2018

MOVING CHICKENS AROUND!

This past weekend I decided to move around some of our chickens.
I want to group some together. I will be using a couple of chicken tractors for some of the hens. Not sure which hens yet.


Since we moved out the old rabbit hutch from this space.
I have plans for this. Even though Hope and the chickens are enjoying the spot.

The family helped me with this project by moving the dog kennel.
It has had many purposes. But for now it houses my banty rooster and hen. I also put in 2 bantam mixes. I did add another hen that was just insistent not to be separated from who she thinks is her mother (Charcoal).

Since all these hens and rooster were used to being in the area we moved them during the daylight.

We moved Mr. Celebrity out of the stall of the hen house and put him in the chicken tractor. His days are limited as Easter approaches. 

Squirt and Alex

We moved over the buff orpingtons at night. As we added the brown leg horns and mixed roosters to the hen house. This was so they can rest and smell each other through the night and make somewhat of a easier transition. I can't say it always works but it is easier than during the day because they don't know where to go back to.

The stall I was using for the turkey (Mr. Celebrity), I have the silkie rooster and hen plus one mixed hen as she doesn't want to be separated from them. They get picky.

The next day the buffs seem just fine. Now I just need some fertile eggs from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment