Monday, November 26, 2018

THANKSGIVING!!!

Welcome to our day while we are preparing our food for our Thanksgiving feast with family.


Our 26lb. turkey won't fit in our 5 gallon bucket.
So again this year it will go into the cooler for the brining process.


This is the brine I use for the turkey.
It has orange peels, peppercorn, salt, rosemary, brown sugar and bay leaves.


Making homemade pecan pie.


Ready for the oven.

Pumpkin pie not homemade from my house.

After 24 hours of brining the turkey we moved it into the electric roaster pan. We will let this slow cook over night.

Skylar is chopping the potatoes for our mashed potatoes.

I think she chopped all morning long.

Almost there. Chop more please.

I am making a new recipe. I like to switch things up.
This year we are gonna try broccoli salad.

2 heads of Broccoli

Yep she is still chopping potatoes.

I chopped up red onions and tomatoes.

Skylar got all the potatoes chopped.
Now it is ready to put on the stove once she adds the water.

I added raisins and sunflower seeds.

Now for the creamy sauce.
Mayo, vinegar and sugar

Tim is working on the making the giblet gravy.

Potatoes are almost done.

Lots going on in the kitchen.

The girls are getting the potatoes mixed up.

We put the turkey in the oven to brown it up.

*excuse the oven, I don't clean it as often as I should.
I only notice everyday that I am using it that it needs to be cleaned. I am waiting for the day I am not using it. LOL

Now that looks YUMMY!

Before our oldest daughter and her family came over. Tim and I took a walk. What a beautiful day and plenty to be thankful for.
I feel so blessed with all that I have. God is great!

What's on the menu for Thanksgiving is;
Turkey
Green bean casserole
Sweet Potato casserole

Mashed potatoes and gravy
Stuffing
Cinnamon Apple Sauce
Broccoli Salad
Deviled eggs
Dinner rolls
Black olives


EmilyMae looks hungry or overwelmed with all that yummy goodness.

Tristen and Isabella enjoying the food.
Liam not so sure.

This is my plate. I don't like certain foods touching.
It's a feast y'all!!!


Yep, Isabella has five fingers!

Liam likes the dinner rolls.




Tim and I

After we ate we headed outside.
It was a nice day. But the cold is coming.

We all headed into the woods for a walk.



The path into the woods.

Darn it, I wanted to get a group picture.

Me with Jessica, Leith, Isabella and Tim

Big Henry!


The creek


Pie time!!
Yummy goodness of cherry, pecan, pumpkin and apple pie.
With your choice of whiskey maple sauce, cool whip or reddi-whip.



1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

The girls worked on painting their nails.

We had a fun evening playing games and the kids watched a movie.
We ate more and had another piece of pie. Great company into the night. What a wonderful year it has been and the many blessings!


Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!

We pray you had a wonderful time with your family and friends and many things to be thankful for. Thanks for coming along with us on our day of thankfulness and the family we spent it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment