Tuesday, January 3, 2017

UPDATE ON SASSY-PANTS BABIES!

Here is a little update and video so far with Sassy-Pants and her little babies. She is doing awesome. She is caring for the young ones and taking care of the eggs. Not sure if more will hatch as we have so far five on Wednesday another one hatched on Friday. 



 Six little babies as of Friday.


When Sassy-Pants is tucked in with her babies and all is almost quiet, this is what we see.

Sassy-Pants out with her babies


Saturday morning I was out doing morning chores. I heard a baby inside the hen house making a lot of racket. I went in to find one of Sassy-Pants' babies fell into the cold water and couldn't get out. I picked her up (they are all "hers" for now). She nestled inside of my coat and I took her to the garage where Tim had a fire going. I got her dried off and warmed up. I noticed that she just hatched making her number 7 in the group. She is doing good so far.

**Kaitlin and I took one egg out as it had died. That left us with six eggs unhatched. Not sure if she will continue staying on them. Kaitlin and I were gonna take them in but she wants them. No sense of upsetting her when she is already doing the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment