Thursday, January 19, 2017

DOING SOME CHORES & OTHER HAPPENINGS!

The girls and I were gone the other day. We when we pulled in the driveway I noticed the pond had some ice chipped away closer to the middle area. When I got inside the house I received a call letting me know that one of my neighbors was driving by, they noticed my dog was in the pond. He came to my door to let me know. But we weren't home. He is an older gentleman and wasn't able to get her out himself. So they were calling the Fire Department. But I was home now. I let her know when I pulled in no dog was in the pond and she was relieved. She said the dog was trying to pull herself out of the ice. I went outside and saw two dogs. What a relief!
Then I saw which dog it was.


What to do with her? 
She is still a pup.

The next day she was over by the pond wondering if she should go in, she changed her mind.
I was glad she did.

~~~ CHORE TIME ~~~
 Typically I don't need to do this in the morning,
 but Wednesday I did. 

 The girls and I needed the truck to load up some hay.

 These gals and don't forgot the lucky bull were hungry!

 I drove the truck while the girls threw out the hay.
The cows were so excited, they started to jump and kick.

 Happy cows!



I like walking in and seeing nesting boxes full of hens.
They are definitely laying the eggs.

Happy Hens means lots of eggs!


 See the dog crate/kennel out there among the hens & roosters?
That is what we call the NAUGHTY BOX! We had to place one of our roosters (Puffy-Head) in it. He comes from behind and strikes you with his spur. It always happens inside the hen house. We couldn't take it no more. So this morning we are letting him out. 

 I didn't want to do this with him as he is picked on so much from the other chickens. I have to keep medicine on his head because they peck him really bad. Poor guy, just behave!

 Going back out to feed the cows again (Thursday). Yesterday the girls said I drove too slow then too fast. So maybe today I will do better.

 They know what is coming!


 Another foggy morning. Not as bad as yesterday.

 I did make a little rut. Everything is wet and muddy.
Things happen!

 All 11 babies are doing good. They are out more and scratching.

Sassy-Pants is doing good too. She doesn't get upset when I am in the stall when the babies are out. I am having to move them all to come in and get food and water for them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment