Sunday, January 8, 2017

HOMEMADE TOOTH POWDER!

HOME-MADE TOOTH POWDER

I have been making tooth powder for almost a year. I got my family on board too. I don't think it was easy for them switching from a paste to a powder but they did it without complaint. I had already been using tooth powder by Ecodent for several years. Making my own was the next step.

So let's get started........

This is what you need.
I mix all the stuff in a mason jar that I will keep it in. No need to dirty up more than you need.

1/4 cup of Baking Soda


1/4 cup of Redmond Bentonite Clay

1/4 cup of Real Sea Salt
(I use just shy of a 1/4 cup)

I grow my own sage so I need to grind up 1 tablespoon.

That looks good.

The measure spoon is a teaspoon so I put 2 in the jar.


I put the lid on it and gave it a few good shakes. Just to mix up before adding the essential oil in.

Now I added 30 drops of peppermint oil. You can use spearment or rosemary. I like the flavor of peppermint better.

It will look like this until you

use the back of the spoon to smash it up on the sides while mixing it up.

Once it is smashed up real good then put the lid back on. Shake it real good and all the lumps should be gone.

Don't forget to label it.

HOME-MADE TOOTH POWDER

1/4 cup Baking Soda (gentle abrasive)
1/4 cup Bentonite Clay (gives minerals you need, draws out toxins, more alkaline)
1/4 cup Real Sea Salt (gentle abrasive)
1 T. Sage ( antiseptic properties, strengthens gums, cleans cavity &teeth)
30 Drops of Peppermint (taste good and soothing to the gums)

Mix well. Keep in cool dry place.

You can also use:

1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
 (this helps with tooth pain and also is an antiseptic)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
(helps to fight fungal)
For sensitive teeth use a dash of cayenne pepper (helps with the gums)
 2 tablespoons Calcium Powder
 1/2 teaspoon Activated Charcoal for whitening (Don't use daily) 

There are so many reasons why you should make your own tooth powder. 




No comments:

Post a Comment