Monday, June 27, 2016

No More Dock

When we moved into our homestead the pond was a highlighted feature. Except for the fallen dock. It is time to go. So while the girls were gone at camp we worked on this project.




 Tim wasted no time to getting this dock underway.






 This section only had 1 post. 
The other one was so rotted.





 We talked about fixing it but, everything had to be replaced.
There was no center board in the middle of the planks for support.
Everything was rotted and weak. Tim got the close stuff but had me go out in the boat to strap the farther one he couldn't reach. I had the option of going in the boat or running the mini excavator.
I chose to go in the boat with the heavy chain to wrap around the post.








 So after the hard effort of doing 3 of the post, I told hubby he gets the last one. It was so hard holding on to a heavy chain and trying to paddle towards the post. I broke a HUGE sweat doing this and was so filthy from the chain.




Yep, that is me bringing in the last post.





No more broken down dock.
Our plans is to put a new one in. 
We will add that to our every growing list of things to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment