Saturday, June 25, 2016

INJURED DUCK - INJURED KAITLIN!

There is something always going on and things change daily. One day some thing is fine or we get it fixed, a problem solved, some new cage being built, moving animals around. So we finally get things fixed/handled and calmed down from dealing with the raccoon and we get another animal injured.

This time our baby duck was attacked and survived by a snapping turtle. This happened yesterday and I am still caring for it. It took part of its foot off and its leg is swollen. Thats not the worst of it. Her or His (not sure of the sex yet) chest is sliced open. I can see everything inside of it even the bones. I will not show the wound as it is too graphic. Not something I usually can handle but this little duck needs us. So I got her cleaned up and bandaged up last night. Not sure if the duck will live through the night there wasn't much else I could do as the stores I needed all closed. The duck is still alive this morning and was up moving as much as it could. It was eating and pooping.  Heading to the store for meds for this little survivor. I was told blu kote and some anabiotics will help. I will rebathe it later and put new bandages on it.





Kaitlin helped me care for it last night.



This is the little one this morning. From what I have read they can survive a lot.

KAITLIN INJURED!
So this evening we, Mom, Skylar and I, were locking up the guinea. The guinea was being stubborn and started climbing up the wall to our laying hens coop, I was corralling it when it started climbing, then it flew in my face and clawed/winged me. It really hurt, but we still managed to corral the guinea.


Kaitlin last night


No comments:

Post a Comment