Thursday, March 16, 2017

SASSY-PANTS & SIGNS OF SPRING!

Last night when I was out collecting eggs and locking up my chickens, I noticed Sassy-Pants was in the nesting box. She made a little sound that told me she might be broody again. I put some straw in her box and she gathered it around her and the eggs. When Tim got home he suggested we get her moved. So, last night we prepared her area better and got her and 11 eggs moved.

 This is her set-up.

 I am really glad she is doing this. It does make the transition easier for the chicks. 

 These are some of the baby chicks from Sassy-Pants.
They are doing great. The transition was super easy for them with all the other hens and roosters. 

 I like seeing eggs in the boxes!

 Here are some more of her babies. They are getting big.  At first I thought they were just all black, but they are getting some really cool colors.

 Blackie and his girls


~~~~SIGNS OF SPRING~~~~
 Do you remember the garlic we planted last fall?
That can be found here.
Look at them grow!

 Chives

 Peppermint

Thyme

I went to the garden center and bought 10 pounds each of white and red potatoes. They will keep well for the winter months. I also bought 2 bags of green onions, and 4 different types of onions. Two of them will be eaten when ready and the other two bags will keep well also for the winter. Planning ahead!

I still need to get some of my seeds planted indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment