Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A BUSY WEEK!

The girls and I have been busy with baby chicks and fertile eggs.

This is our scotch tape baby. I was checking to see if the chick is growing.

As you can see it is growing. Not long before hatching day either.

Morning feeding!

These chicks are getting big and the tote is getting smaller. It is time to go to the Hen House.

We got the second stall ready for them. Things are always changing. Just last week the Banty's were in here then the Americauna's. Now we are are having the young chicks in here.

They are really liking the extra space. I am glad the weather will be warming up too. For now they will have a heat light.

Kaitlin is cleaning out the old shed. We are needing this to house meat birds. 

Once Kaitlin gets all the old bedding out I will be sitting up temporary boards to keep the chicks in.

First I needed to cut the boards.

Got that done.

Now I need the supplies:
Drills 
 Screws
Boards

I used some long boards I found in the outside wood pile. They were warped so I used a clamp on the top. I did screw each long board to the 2x4's. How I used the small boards was one on each side to balance it. There was a area where I added a board on the outside. This shed is in pretty rough shape.

Got the bedding put down, food and water. Extension cord ready for the heat light. I will be picking up a new one since we are using all of them currently for the newly hatched chicks.

Got the meat birds and didn't realize how small they are. I thought they were a little older. So we took out the big waterer and replaced it with a smaller one. We had to unhook the food and moved everything closer to them with the heat light.

Dipped their beaks in the water and they look good.

While we were out we picked up two baby ducks and 5 golden comets.



Baby chicks are spending their first night in the coop. Everything looks good.

I went back out to check on the meat birds.
They look good.

Skylar with Squirt

Kaitlin with Phantom

Do you know what kind of eggs these are?

Duck eggs!
Fertile Duck Eggs!
Got them dated and marked day and night for flipping purposes.

Incubator one is full.

Incubator two is borrowed and full.

Incubator three is keeping the duck eggs and the eggs that will be hatching in the next day.

The girls and I went to the city for a school activity and had many things to pick up. One of them included three grandkids. We have 2 coolers full of groceries and pick up some landscaping edging.

The kids were squeezed in.

I put the metal edging through the headrest for safety reasons. 

We still had a few more stops to make before heading home.
I can't pass up more baby chicks. So I had to have these little cuties.
They are a bantam. You can never have enough chicks or so I am told.

Look how small they are.

Isn't this sweet!
Little brown cow with Bolt.
I fed the cows some alfalfa hay and they both came up really close to me.

EmilyMae being my helper with feeding the cats.

Look what Tim picked up on his way home from work.
Fencing and post.

The sky looks really pretty. Looks like pink clouds!



No comments:

Post a Comment