Friday, July 1, 2016

Loss

Loss.......

Sometimes that is a difficult thing to talk about. Living a life on a farm we have endured our share of animal loss in a short amount of time. I like to update and keep things more positive. But however we do deal with this as of late. Last night the hubby was reading the blog and said I should mention a few things.

So, we did have 2 one-legged meaties. About a week after the attack, I noticed that there was a fly on the little chick. I grab the medicine to reapply and the wound was opened back up and it had maggots inside. So sad! But, the one that is left is doing good and growing.

I have talked about the 3 kittens we had. We have 2 now. When we got them one of them (B.W.) had a lump on his chest. Thought it was just the way he was born. We noticed it was getting bigger and put medicine on it. We also noticed he wasn't getting much bigger, but was doing better than his sister Ninja.  So as days go by this bump got really big and he just wasn't looking well. So we did a little research on what this could be. Discovered it was a bot fly. We removed it and cleaned out the area and fixed it back up. He went down hill fast. Had we known he had this sooner perhaps he might of lived. I did more research and found out he was just a weak little kitten and lived as long as he was able to due to his health just wasn't the best. He died early the next morning and we had a burial for him. It was a sad day for all of us and Kaitlin took it the hardest.

Ninja is the one we thought might not make it, but is the biggest of the 3 before B.W. past. She had problems eating and was much slower and didn't move around much and would sleep for hours longer than the other 2 did. She is thriving and is all over the yard now. 
Alex is still small and wants to eat all the time. She was bigger than her brother B.W.. She likes to follow us all around the yard and will find her by the ducks. She purrs instantly when you pick her up. 

Both Ninja and Alex love hanging out with Cuddles (our dog). 

We lost one of our laying hens (Meredith, easter-egger). We also lost 3 more almost laying hens and several baby chicks. One of the baby chicks Kaitlin just loved, died while she was holding it. Loss is a sad place to be and nobody wants to be there. 

With out saying the several raccoons we have had to shoot and the snapping turtles we had to remove from the pond. We still have a fox that is a threat to our hens.

This one goes out to the loss of my Grandpa. May you rest in peace!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.
 In my father's house are many room; if it were not so, I would of told you,
 I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
 You know the way to the place I am going."
John 14:1-4 



The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment