Monday, July 11, 2016

CORN HARVESTING

Stocking up the freezer!


It's that time of year. Stocking up, canning, Dehydrating, Freezing. So this past weekend we made some time to get this ready for the freezer. Bought 4 dozen ears of corn at the Farmer's Market.

 Kaitlin and I are shucking corn.

 Looks good and taste so sweet.


 Last batch for now...


 Kaitlin did the bagging this time
 while I scooped the corn in the bags.


 Skylar blanched the corn and cut it off the cob.



 This is the best way to eat this fresh off the cob.
No need to cook it, add butter or salt!



The chickens are gonna love this.

It left us with 14 - 2cup bags and 1 - 1cup bag. 


After dehydrating my dill, I ended up with 1 quart full and 1 pint full of dill. I have a starting of some rosemary. So that might be next in the dehydrator.


~Krystal


No comments:

Post a Comment