Friday, July 8, 2016

HARVESTING!




Its always exciting to go in your backyard and pick fresh veggies. The hard work of getting the area ready, planting them and waiting and waiting. The weeds grow and you keep them pulled back so they don't chock out your little stem that is so fragile. Then, finally you see growth and flowering. Its the one of the coolest things. There is nothing like a fresh warm tomato right out of the garden.

 Our 1st harvest in the garden!



Went yesterday to the farmer's market here in town and had a awesome deal on sweet corn.
I will be back next week for more. Getting the freezer stocked back up. Get them while its good.

 Kaitlin and I picked red clover this morning. Layed them on the screen to let them dry.


This is the best machine ever. I used this almost year round. I should invest in another just in case. 


 Dehydrating Rosemary

My dill this year decided to grow everywhere. So this is my 2nd batch that I am dehydrating.

Over the weekend I dehydrated garlic in the dehydrator. We put it in the garage the smell was very strong. It only took about 8 hours. I bought a bag from Sam's Club because I lost my crop of garlic due to all the rain. The already peeled and ready to go kind. Super easy to do. It make one quart size jar. I did grind up 1 small container to have ready. 

Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Luke 12:27

~Krystal


No comments:

Post a Comment