Wednesday, July 27, 2016

ANOTHER GOOD HARVEST!

Today, Kaitlin and I were taking a walk. Looking around at how beautiful everything is even with all the heat we have had, everything is still green. We had a beautiful blue sky with swirly clouds. 


After our walk we decided that the tomatoes really needed to be picked.


 This is a massive tomato, almost as big as my hand.


 Ok, check out that tomato in the middle. It's like it grew a nose or something.


 Our harvest today we needed 2 baskets.
Looks like we will be canning tomorrow.
Thankfully, the girls have a friend coming over and she likes to do this stuff with us.



 We still have plenty that aren't ready. This is my first year that the harvest started early. We usually don't start canning until August.


I grabbed another basket and filled it up with some herbs to put in the dehydrator.  


After we did the pickin', I went to check on the chickens. I found 1 that had somehow had straw around its neck. No biggie, it wasn't hurting it. I decided to go in and take it off. 




But...........................


Wait.......................


Something looked off!



Can you see it?????












This is the strangest thing I have ever seen!
I don't know how to fix this???? Or if I need to????
Interesting things are our daily life here on our homestead.

This little chick is eating and drinking. I guess for now all we can do is monitor it. We will need to make sure it is still being able to eat and drink as it continues to grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment