Tuesday, November 8, 2016

BUSY MONDAY!

It's already starting to be a busy morning. Lots of things that need to get done.


We are still getting produce from the garden. Green beans aren't making it to the freezer. Kaitlin is eating them. They taste so sweet.

Do you remember this jar of Oil-infused Cayenne Pepper?
I made this stuff 2 weeks ago, you can find it here. Well, the 2 weeks are up and ready to make the salve.

 First, I strained the oil and put in a glass container and put in the pot of boiling hot water. 

 Then, I added wax to make it less liquidity.


 It is all melted now. 
The next step was to add the essential oil - wintergreen.
 I took it off the heat before adding it. 

Label it and it is ready to use once it is cooled. I did put it in the refrigerator for a hour.

 The cows are not sure of us. They are finally coming to get a drink of water. This gave me a chance to get closer for pictures.


 Here is the BULL! He (solid black with white between his horns) has one job for the next several months.
I wouldn't be surprised the cow next to him speckled isn't already pregnant.


 The one in the middle (black face) is pregnant. We don't know for sure when she is due but, somewhere around June or July-ish.



 See these seeds?
 Yep, back when the girls were craving their pumpkins. 
I am finally gonna roast them.

 Butter ~ everything tastes better with butter.
Salt ~ for taste

 Mix it well!

Its about half gone. As soon as it came out of the oven, we have been eating, and eating it.


 Got those peppers cut and ready to go in the freezer.
Decided to save the seeds too.


 I noticed over the weekend that my dill grew again, another blessing. I was almost out. Been making Creamy Dill Potatoes with it.

Got that in the dehydrator. I haven't used it in a few weeks.
Break-time is over!

 Kaitlin got the trash burned.

 Tim had the ladder, so this is red-neck style.
Skylar and I got the gutters cleaned out.


 It gets dark quick. Skylar was on the garage roof and I held the flashlight for her.





 Last nights dinner. I had to blog about this meal. My family just loves it when I make home-made potato chips and then fancy them next to barbeque wings. 
Yum for sure!



 Went to collect eggs last night and our numbers have been low. Very low!
Accounted for several reasons of why. But when you count eggs and then go back to get them and they are gone. Something or someone is taking them. 

Who you ask?

Hope!
Besides eating our eggs, she is doing good. Getting big but, not fast enough.

Hope can fit through the opening for the chickens.
So, we came up with this solution.
But, she still easily fits through this.

So...........


We kept making the hole smaller. Hope can still fit through it, but it is a tighter fit. We still want make sure the chickens to get through it. Last night one of the turkeys was in the new hen house. He wasn't able to go through the doorway. So, I had to open the big door for him.

Thanks for coming along on our busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment