Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Duck Egg & Herbal Recipe!

 It's been a learning process with most of what we do here on the homestead. Having and raising ducks is another one we are constantly learning. 

Exciting our duck has laid her 1st egg.
I just hope this isn't gonna look and smell like this daily.

 I don't typically wash my eggs because there is a coating on them that protects them. I am assuming that duck eggs to be the same.


~MAKING A HERBAL RECIPE~
 I plan on making a salve with the oil-infused calendula. 

 I put in the calendula flowers in the mason jar.

 Adding the olive oil

 Make sure it covers it all and no air bubbles.

 Shake it up and label it.
This will sit on the window sill for 3-4 weeks. After that I will strain it. So, stay tuned for what I will use it for.

 I plan on making a rub with Cayenne.

 1/2 cup olive oil

 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper


 Shake it up real good.

Label it!

I will sit this on the window sill for 2 weeks.
I will strain this one too. 
Stay tuned for this one too.


Some of the items we got from the Mother Earth New Fair including the hand woven rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment