Wednesday, November 16, 2016

BROTH MAKING & FERMENTING!

Let's make some bone broth.

 Got the roaster pans!
Yes, I need two of them. I borrowed one from my daughter.

 This is a basket full of bones from the freezer.

 Bones, necks, and feet

 Celery


 Some celery to put in the refridgerater for soup, the bowl to grow more. And the leaves and stems for the broth.

 Added the carrots, onions and garlic with the celery.

 Next, add the spices: salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, parsley.

 And don't forget the RAW Apple Cider Vinegar.

Now slow cook this for two days and it will be ready to can.


The little chicks are getting big. I did remove the roosters from the hen house and I put them in the dog kennel. We plan on butchering them before long.

The ones born Labor Day weekend was 9 and left us 4 hens. I am not sure yet on the ones born in October. One died already so that leaves us 12. I do think there may be 3-4 possible roosters. It is really hard to tell, still too early.

We got two grey ones. I am curious how they will look when they are older. They may end up being a rooster.
We have just too many roosters. We did give our neighbor 2 of our older roosters.

~~~~~ FERMENTING CABBAGE ~~~~
I am gonna use two heads of cabbage.

Slice them up.

I put them in a bowl.

I weigh it. 
I have 4 1/2 pounds.

Pound it to release the juicies.

Cover it with the leaves and weight and make sure water covers it.

Add the water to the rim.

I read in a blog to cover the pot with a towel. Last time the water got nasty and stuff in it. I cleaned it but this is a better solution.

What a beautiful sky!

Hope is doing so good. Tim has been walking her in the pasture at night so she can get use to the cows and bull. It is so cool watching her work. She went in last week to have surgery and is healing nicely. Thanks again for your prayers and that she is able to be back on the homestead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment