Sunday, September 18, 2016

PEPPERS, SCHOOL, BROODY-CHICK, APPLES & MORE!

Still getting tomatoes and green peppers from the garden.


The question is what to do with all of them before they go bad?

This batch I am gonna cut them up in big pieces.
Then.........

Put them in the freezer. And let me remind you we butchered chickens last week. Every square inch of my freezers are full. I took out some meat to have room for these peppers.

The rest of the peppers I turned into our dinner.
Chicken Fajitas!

Dehydrator is done.
Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Lavender

Dad helping Kaitlin with Math.

It rained earlier and King Tom is drying out his feathers.

Girls playing a duet!

Remember those lemon seeds I was drying out?
They are dry and ready to plant.

First you have to crack open the shell to get to the seed.

There were 8 seeds and we planted them all. Not sure how many will take.

Now some WATER

And Sunlight


~FRIDAY~
The girls and I got up early and headed to the city of Weston. 
Why you ask????

We are getting our yearly apples for canning season. A sweet lady there got us set up with 2 bushels of apples. 

Bushel 1

Bushel 2

We stop at this market every year. 

Skylar and Kaitlin at Red Barn Farm.

We haven't been working on the mulch pile because of the rain. Well, it stopped raining here and the pile was a little smokey.
Tim and Skylar got the pile down a little more.



I found this chick in the nesting box when we got home. I checked on her later and she was still there. After a couple of hours I noticed she is still there and acting broody. No eggs were under her and she was hot on her underside. 

So we gave her some eggs. Four to start with. Put her by herself and gave her water and food. You can tell by her feathers she is serious about this. This is a new laying hen, so not sure if she will continue with the eggs.

In the meantime, I decided to put the rest of the eggs in the incubator and get it ready. This way if she comes off of the eggs I can just put them in there too.


Don't count your chickens before they hatch.





No comments:

Post a Comment