Tuesday, September 6, 2016

NEW CHICKS HATCHING & RABBIT


Starting Thursday night, I noticed some cracking on two eggs. By Friday morning I had one chick hatch. That was just the starting of more coming.

 This is the second one born. It took her over 12 hours to hatch. The first one was fast. I noticed a small hole and in 20mins she was hatched. 


 When the chicks hatched they kept moving the other unhatched eggs all over in the incubator.

 Getting some of the chicks drying before I can removed them from the incubator.

 This little one just flopped out of the egg.

 Friday there were 2 born. Saturday morning I took them out of the incubator. At this point there were 2 hatched.

 
 The left chick is the second one born and the right chick is the 1st one to hatch.


 Saturday night I took the other 2 out of the incubator. I left one that just hatched and there were others getting closer. Saturday hatching was three, so we are at a total of 5.


 By Sunday morning we had 4 hatch out.
That was leaving 3 unhatched eggs. I already knew one wasn't gonna hatch. But thought we would wait on the other 2.



 Sunday evening I have 7 in the tote. I left 2 in the incubator.

 I saw this chick and was hoping this would go away but nope. It's time to add her to the mix. But first we have to fix her legs.



 Tim helped bandage her legs closer together. This should only be a day or two until she is stronger.


 She is eating and drinking and doing good so far. She is the smallest of them all. 
So we have them all out of the incubator that is gonna hatch. Checked on the other 2 and they didn't make it. Started with 12 and ended with 9. Still really good hatching rate.


INTRODUCING......................................

GREYSON!
He is friendly and lets us pet him. Kaitlin wants him since Skylar has Aspen.



A friend of ours brought him over. Our plans are to introduce him to Aspen.

3 comments:

  1. You guys got another rabbit? Awesome! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, his name is Greyson and he's really soft!
      ~Kaitlin

      Delete
    2. Yeah, his name is Greyson and he's really soft!
      ~Kaitlin

      Delete