Saturday, March 21, 2020

PAINTING COFFEE AREA!!

My next project is to repaint our coffee area.
Most of the painting in our house is a whitish color (I am not of fan of just white paint) and flat paint to boot. With living on a farm and kids, husband, grandkids and dogs. I am not a fan of not being able to wipe off the walls. So I'm working on putting on better paint and updating or making things prettier and more functional.

I got everything cleared out and ready for my blank slate.

Yep, we have gone with a dark color in this area. We aren't scared of color.

Most people say not to paint a small area dark.

I trimmed in everything and Kaitlin rolled in the bigger areas.


We like the color. It looks darker in the photo.

Now to work on the cabinet for the coffee bar area.
My grandpa made it. But I need to update it just a little and remove the trim pieces on the top of it.


I like the color that it is, so I am not gonna paint it.
I got it all cleaned up and put a clear coat on it.

Before

After

Several years back I removed the hardware and painted them.

I have decided to paint the hinges and buy new pulls and handles.

Before
This is the only drawer that has these cut in it and the only drawer that has knobs for the drawer.

After
I wanted to make this drawer pop a little. So I decided to add some black paint inside the grooves to make it stand out.
I think that was a great decision. It looks great. I can't wait until the knobs arrive for it.

One by one each section of this cabinet is getting done. We also replaced the drawer slides with full extension, ball bearing ones.

I am waiting on the pulls and knobs to come in the mail.
I am working on painting the hinges for the doors.

Now for this top piece. I need to do something different with it.

I still don't want to paint it. So I decided to sand it and give it a fresh coat of stain.

That water ring has always bothered me.
It was given to me that way. 

I repainted the hinges for the doors to the cabinet.

I got the top done and waiting for it to dry.
Super excited to see this all come together.

Got all the pieces put together.
Looks great!

It only took about 2 weeks to complete it.
Now we have our coffee station back up and going.
Another area done and now I am off to my next project.




1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks like a fun project! I think it's awesome that you were not scared to paint it black. it looks very sophisticated.
    I found you from Mr.s M's blog and I'm following your now! If you want to check mine out, it's Geoturtle.com :D I

    ReplyDelete