Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sad News


This post is a difficult post to write about. It doesn't come easy as most things in life aren't.
So as the tears stream down my face I will forever hold my memories close to my heart.

We have not only lost one dog but two.

Scout and Willow

Scout was Kaitlin's dog. She got her four years ago with her own money. Super excited to get her and love her. She trained her and house broke her. Like all kids, things get busy and having a job made it difficult to be with her. 
I got the opportunity to raise her. In other words I didn't have a choice. But with that choice I did choose to love her and take care of her. I trained her to stay with me and look out after the ducks. She became an asset to our farm life.

Kaitlin and Scout

Scout keeping everything in check.


I am gonna miss feeding you and your morning greetings.

I will have to say she wasn't my choosing but so glad the special bond her and I shared.
I was coming to terms of having this dog for 15+ years. So the news was a blow to me that she won't be coming home.

I'm already missing you my Scouty dog!!!!!


Now to my Willow.

She was my companion. Trained to stay with me.



She was included in almost everything we did on the farm.




She would follow us while we took out the four wheelers.
She wasn't scared of much. Willow would hang with us when we cut trees down using the chain saw. The log splitter didn't bother her either.

She was a big baby!!!

Whether I was mowing, weed eating, working in the garden, crocheting or just sitting by the fire she was with me. 
So many things I'm already missing not having her here.

Always ready to work!!

Willow loved people especially kids.

Willow wasn't allowed in Kaitlin's room.
So she would lay just like this and slowly creep in with a paw.

She was always ready to go. Gonna miss taking her to the feed store.
Willow was insistent on sitting in the seat. She didn't like sitting in the way back of the truck.

She was so young. Little did I know I wouldn't be raising you for very long.

RIP MY WILLOW GIRL!!!!!

Believe it or not these two didn't like each other in the beginning.
They did become the best of friends.

They may bounce around outside but when they were inside they were calm.


These two were always up to something.

These two got to be where you wouldn't find one without the other.

They are acting like I forced them to take this picture together.
I may have.

I would sit outside in the summer drinking my coffee with these two at my feet.
I didn't like when they decided to jump into the pond and then want to come lay at my feet.

These three dogs were the best!!
RIP
Cuddles
Willow
Scout

Last Halloween 2021
Scout was a dragon and Willow was a skeleton.
Neither one of them liked their costumes. 

The best of buds
Ride or die together!!

February 2022


I took this picture of the dogs last paw prints they will ever make on the farm.


No longer by my side, but always in my heart.


Pawprints Left By You

You no longer greet me,
As I walk through the door.
You're not there to make me smile,
To make me laugh anymore.
Life seems quiet without you,
You were far more than a pet.
You were a family member, a friend.
A loving soul I will never forget.
It will take time to heal
For the silence to go away.
I still listen for you,
And miss you everyday.
You were such a great companion,
Constant, loyal and true.
My heart will always wear
The pawprints left by you.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment