Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Future Laying Hens have Arrived!!!

The baby chicks have arrived!!!!!!

I got the call from our Post office that our chicks are in the office.
I received an email that my chicks were shipped but it can take 2-3 days before they will arrive. So basically you don't know when they will come in. They arrived the next day.

Meet our future laying hens for 2022.

I took each one out and gave them water.

One by one I was counting them.

We got 17 Barred Rocks and 6 Easter Eggers.
We have ordered from Valley Farm Hatchery for the last couple of years. They have arrived alive, healthy and a taller box. We have been very pleased with them. 

It's like they are posing for me.


Later that night they were all laying down. It's so cold here I added a second heat light.

Easter Egger top
Barred Rock bottom

A couple of days later later. They are just running around getting used to their new living quarters. With them being in a stall inside the hen house they get use to hearing all the chickens and guineas.

I put a ground waterer in with them.

I also put in a nipple waterer. I caught this chick taking a drink.
I have had to fill it already so I know they are using it.
I like the nipple waterer because their water stays cleaner and it holds more for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment