Wednesday, February 19, 2020

THANKSGIVING PREP & DAY!!

Our Thanksgiving Prep and Thanksgiving Day!!!

Kaitlin and I worked on prepping several things. This makes the next day go faster. She is a huge help in the kitchen. And she tells everyone she doesn't like to cook.


Mixing up the carrot cake


Rustic Homemade Carrot Cake


The eggs are cooked and cut to make the deviled eggs.


My beautiful helper Kaitlin.


Kaitlin is working on the potatoes. We plan on getting them all mashed and put in a casserole dish. Then we will put them in the oven to make baked mashed potatoes.

Prepping the pan for the turkey. I took out the rack that goes on the bottom. I put in the celery instead. This will add flavor while cooking.

Tim and I decided not to brine the turkey this year. Instead I mixed up some stuff to inject the turkey.
(Buttery Herb Garlic Injection)
***The Buttery Herb Garlic was homemade NOT bought at the store***

Pasture raised turkeys don't need to be brined, because they are naturally juicy. 
***Spoiler alert - This was the best tasting turkey by not brining it.

The skin would just fill up like it had blisters on it.


You can almost see the stuff through the skin.
It's a big one. I think its 26 lbs.


Lid doesn't fit.

This is how it will set all night. It works perfectly and cooks it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
We are all out taking care of the animals before we get the day started. 

Broccoli Raisin Salad

Strawberry Spinach Salad

That baby looks done. Just need to brown it in the oven.
It cooked all night on low.

Checking the turkey temperature.

Tim got the giblets going on the stove for the gravy.

Now Tim can work his magic making this into our gravy.

Baking the baked mashed potatoes.

Got the turkey browned and done.



Check out all that juice!!!

Tim cutting up the yummy turkey.

My beautiful daughters.

I am so blessed by my grandkids.

Krystal and Tim

Jessica

Leith
My partner

Skylar

EmilyMae

Isabella Grace

Brieanna

Tristen

We have so much food and so many blessings.

I get the special plate that divides my food.

Today's Menu:
Turkey
Baked Mashed Potatoes
Giblet Gravy
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Broccoli Raisin Salad
Deviled Eggs
Dinner Rolls


Desserts consisted of
Pumpkin Pie
Carrot Cake
Chocolate Pudding Pie
Brownies

Brieanna warming up.

Isabella Grace and Brieanna playing some songs for us.

The kids playing. Some of them faces are scaring me.

My son and dil and 2 grandkids weren't able to be with us on this day of celebration but they were in my thoughts and I missed them.

1 Chronicles 16:34
 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."


2 Corinthians 9:11
 "You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God."


Psalm 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."



No comments:

Post a Comment