Friday, September 13, 2019

STARTED MY SOURDOUGH!

Finally getting around to making the Sourdough starter I bought at the conference in Hannibal.
I had been so busy with the garden and canning. I just didn't want another project that needed my attention. I just knew I needed to get it started before winter.

This is the book and starter I bought at the conference.
Patti with Alderman Farm gave a class on this and had a booth set up. She is a super sweet lady and walked me through everything.

 A link to their YouTube channel here

This is dehydrated sourdough starter.

I added my water to rehydrate the starter.

Cover it and shake/swirl jar to mix.


Keep it cover with towel or what I used is a paper towel.
Over the next 5-6 days feed flour, milk and sugar.

I didn't get pictures of this growing but over the weekend Tim make us sourdough pancakes. They were super YUMMY!



No comments:

Post a Comment