Wednesday, September 18, 2019

CLEANING UP THE GARDEN!!

Working on shutting down part of the Big Garden and get it ready for winter. Once a bed is done, I am putting down fabric cloth on it. This way when we open for spring/summer planting it will be ready and not full of weeds that we don't want in there. We still need to get another load of mulch to put in the walkways. Not sure our plans for the Vineyard Garden area. I just know keeping it mowed this year was a lot of work.

I am almost done with one side of the Big Garden. 

I have had help, but today I am on my own except my Willow. She loves to hang out with me in the garden.

This side is done.
I didn't cover up the leeks that are growing.

I started the other side. Row by row, day by day I will get it done and ready for winter. Right now we are still getting tomatoes and peppers. 

I can't even find the row and the walkway.
What a jungle that still needs to be tackled.
I keep on it row by row. One day you pull all the weeds out and by day 2 it's full again. Darn weeds!!!

Hey, look I found the row and part of the walkway.
I am preparing this area for the fall garden I want to put in.

Now I can see the pepper plants and the rows.
Huge difference.

Well the Big Garden side is done and looking good.
I did plant spinach, broccoli, cabbage, peas, green beans and regrowing swiss chard.

Compost bins are full.

Tim mowed the Vineyard. 

He was able to put down the fabric cloth in one row.
The girls still need to take care of the strawberry patch and I need to take care of the asparagus bed. UGH!

Getting the seeds planted.

Now watering the fall garden and still harvesting tomatoes and peppers.

The left side is where we plant out potatoes.
Not sure if I want to put down the fabric cloth or grow something here for the winter and have it ready for spring.

2 comments:

  1. When I had my big garden back in Wales...putting cloth down was ideal for the winter.. although..thinking back I dont think it was cloth..it was a bit plasticy. Anyway...good job!
    And you mentioning leeks... made my mouth water for some wonderful Leek and Potato Soup...yum!
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoebes World,
      Ours a little plasticy too. It will allow water through so we shouldn't have pools of water. I think we will like it and be very helpful. Leeks - Potato Leek Soup - I made it this year for the first time and we loved it. So I decided to try growing our own. I didn't even know what a leek was, lol.

      Delete