Thursday, September 19, 2019

CHICKEN WINGS & POTATO CHIPS!!

We raise our own chicken here on our farm. On butcher day we take about 40 birds and part them out into breasts, wings, legs, thighs and chicken tenders. Surprisingly you get all of that out of one bird (2 breasts, 2 chicken tenders, 2 wings, 2 legs and 2 thighs). When you part out 2 birds, that's a lot of meat and separate parts. So we are able to do a lot with the parted whole chickens we process here. You are welcome to check out our farm website at Burnt Fork Farm.

Homemade, Homegrown Chicken Wings and Potato Chips
 Homegrown potatoes from our garden.
I put them in the slicer. I used 5 potatoes to do this. Then, lay them out flat on a paper towel. Pat them dry. I put peanut oil in a pot and heat it up.
Put only enough slices in the pot to cover the top. It took me about 30 minutes to get through the potatoes.

For the chicken wings:
I had a package of 15 wings, thawed
I placed them on a paper towel and dried them. I salted, peppered and garlic powered both sides. Place them on a baking sheet greased.
Bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees and then turn them over for another 15 mins.
Pull them out and put in a bowl and cover them with bbq sauce.
(I use a honey bbq sauce) coat them well and put back on tray.
Let them cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Homemade Potato Chips done!!

Wings are done!!

Doesn't that look delish!!
Time for our dinner and a movie night.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment