Friday, April 1, 2022

Baby Ducks are Hatching!!!

 I got the incubator set up with 49 duck eggs. Yes, you heard that right 49 of the duck eggs right in the incubator they went. Not gonna lie this incubator is awesome. Tim got me a really nice one.

Basically you put the eggs in the egg turner, tube into the jar of water and attach it into the incubator. Set the temperature and humidity. Then I set a reminder on my phone 3 days before hatching to remove the automatic egg turner and reset temperature and humidity. It's that simple!!

It's funny when I tell someone that I'm setting up my incubator and the next thing you know I'm telling them I have 3 days before hatching. They are like what?? you just put them in the incubator. I like that it is this easy to hatch them if you don't have a broody hen for them. 

It's always so exciting for a new hatching.

Two were born yesterday and got three more overnight.

I moved 2 of the baby ducks out into the henhouse stall.



Now they are roommates next to the baby chicks.

It won't be long and they will be joining the big ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment