Sunday, April 10, 2022

2022 Meat Chickens Arrived!!

I got the call from the post office that a big box of chicks are in.

I walked into the post office and I could already hear their chirping.
They told me they even put them in the back room.
 So here I go with my double decker boxes.

They are so cute and fluffy.

One by one I dipped their beaks into the water.

One box down and another to go.

I think the longest process is making sure they all have a drink of water and counting them.

The cuteness before they become a pooping machine.

I got them all out and one couldn't figure out how to get back over.
It was really chirping away and I had to help the little one out.


Next thing I noticed they found the nipple water. Normally they don't use if for days.

Even more coming over to join in.

They were finally settling in and resting.

This batch is set aside for our friend to pick them up.

Stay tuned for next week when we get another batch of meat chickens in.
We decided this year we will try and do them back to back, one week apart.
All of our chicken tractors will be housing all of our meat chickens in them. We might need to make a couple more.

No comments:

Post a Comment