Wednesday, August 28, 2019

GARDEN PRODUCE & CANNING!

The weeks that turned into months of planning our garden, lets just say it's been busy. Lots of work!!!
It's been successful and I am still trying to keep up. We/I have been canning 2, 3 to 4 times a week. I am still putting something up. My feet have been so tired standing up most of the day. By evening time and after chores I have been ready for bed. 

This is just the past month worth of produce we have brought in.


We have been bringing in wagon fulls of our beautiful harvest.


The girls helping joyfully with the tomatoes.


I made stuffed peppers for an after noon lunch.
Still getting tons from the garden. We really like our peppers around here.


Salsa making


Getting ready to can tomatoes


Making more salsa



In the process of making bread and butter pickles


Making the brine for bread and butter pickles.

Using my new canning pot. I wanted to buy one last year but didn't. So glad I did this year. I have been just using my regular pot with a thing in the bottom. It was such a pain. 

Got them in the pot and ready to let them boil.

And just like that they're done. Well that only took a couple of hours. 

My daughter just loves her pickles. Both girls are at camp and I am gonna surprise her with these when she gets home. 
Nothing beats homegrown, home canned dill pickles.



There is something special about the taste of a sun warmed tomato that just explodes into your mouth when you sneak one while harvesting.



Eggplant is doing great.



Canning more tomatoes.

This batch is waiting to go into the canner.


Just a beautiful color.



Making tomato sauce

Kaitlin adding the lemon juice.


I made several batches of tomato sauce.
I was telling Tim that my pantry is getting full. Meaning I need more shelving. He agreed.

We are swimming in produce.
Not only am I canning them and putting them up in the freezer.

We are eating them fresh too!


This was super yummy!
Got to add some cucumbers to it too.

More salsa

Roasted tomatoes.

Another round of salsa.


Roasted peppers!

This batch of peppers is going to the freezer.

I will say this season is the hardest to keep a kitchen super clean.

Kaitlin and Skylar helped me scrape the seeds out of the roasted peppers.


I got 3 quart jars worth. I really enjoy it come winter.

Been eating fresh cabbage 


and fermenting it too.
We have pulled out several trays worth of onions as well.


Got a huge batch of kale out of the garden.


 Washing them up and spin drying them.

 So pretty!


We like to add them to our smoothies or eat them with our salad.


So glad I bought all these baskets from the Dollar Store.
The bottoms have holes so you can rinse things off before bringing them in.

 The girls making more salsa.


 I would have to say they are enjoying themselves.


 Now it's time to find room in the pantry for all of the jars.
Right now we are just adding them where we can.

This is only part of our potato harvest. We have one more bed to go. This is all thanks to the cattle, making our job easier.

We are still bringing in produce and shutting down garden beds that are done for the winter.

I am planning on putting in our fall garlic in the next month or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment