Friday, December 9, 2016

THIS AND THAT!

Have you noticed how cold it is?
Well, check out the picture below. That is my Black Copper Maran.(I call her Sassy-Pants)

 Sassy-Pants is sitting on 11 eggs. She has been at it for almost a week. Last broody hen only sat 3 days and called it done. So we will see how she does. I decided not to move her but leave her where she is. The only problem with it is there is a hen that keeps bothering her and  jumping on top of her and the fact that Little Tom pecks anything in the nesting boxes.
I will watch and monitor for now. Praying the chicks hatch and will do fine with the fast approaching winter cold.

 Have you ever heard of Fire Cider?
Well, this stuff is awesome. It is antibacterial, natural antibiotic, antifungal, candida buster, antiviral, strengthening and protecting your cardiovascular system, jump starts your immune system, has antioxidants, helps with arthritis, helps with digestion, and tons of other things. 
 I can't say enough about this stuff!
I heard about Fire Cider like 2-3 years ago. Life got crazy and I am finally gonna make this wonderful stuff.

 Time to start mincing and chopping.

 Only need to add two more ingredients.



 Shake it well for 3-4 weeks and keep in a cool place out of sunlight. Once it is done strain it off and bottle it back up. 
It lasts forever.

RECIPE FOR FIRE CIDER

2 - Horseradish (roughly chopped)
2 - Ginger (roughly chopped)
2 - Whole Garlic Bulbs (no need to peel skin, roughly chop)
1 - Extremely large onion or/ 2 - Medium onions (roughly chopped)
4-5 - Large Jalapeno Peppers (the hot ones, sliced)
1 container of Turmeric
2 - Sticks of Cinnamon
1 - Jug of RAW Apple Cider Vinegar

Shake daily for 6-8 weeks.
Strain and keep stored in dark and cool place.


 Mr. B called and said he was bringing two bales of hay over.




 Looks like they might have this torn up in no time. They were eating it, burying their horns and faces in it, and rubbing their entire bodies all over it.

 Everyone was coming out to check out the hay.

 Second one going down.

 Now they just don't know what to do with two bales of hay.

Gonna make some healing salve.

 Heating up oil-infused comfrey leaf, echinacea tincture, coconut oil and beeswax.

 I got everything blended and let it rest in the fridge.

 Meanwhile, Mr. B delivered the hay feeders.



 Got that done and now I am ready to make some plantain salve.

 This process took almost 2 hours.
I needed oil-infused plantain but didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks. I decided to do the slow heat method. I don't prefer this method but I needed this today.

 Once I got the oil infused with the plantain I strained it.
Then put the oil back on the stove and started to add coconut oil, vitamin E and beeswax. I got two jars out of it.

~~~ Friday~~~
 I decided today was the day to let the little chicks out with the bigger hens. I closed off the 1st section and now they are only using 1 area. My hopes are things to go well. 
 A couple of the bigger hens came in and didn't mind the pullets but I see the roosters will have a little problem.

 Kittens don't seem to mind the little chicks. I think it is because they have been raised early on.

Today's beautiful sky!

From its chamber comes the whirlwind, and cold from the scattering winds. By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast.

~Job 37:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment