Tuesday, December 13, 2016

HOLIDAY BAKING!


'Tis the season for baking!

But first, lets check in with the animals. 

 I had to move Sassy Pants. She is the broody hen that decided to sit on eggs in the cold. I was planning on moving her sooner but was gone most of the weekend. She got up from her post to get something to eat and drink and another hen was in her box. So when I got home I moved her. I put her in the first stall with some more eggs. She is doing good and very happy sitting on more eggs.

 Meanwhile, I let the little chicks out of their stall. With a small hiccup losing one of the little ones, they are doing good. Tim and I fixed the problem so they should be good for now. The hens seem to be fine with them. They are going out of the Hen House and eating.

 Bantys are doing great. One of the hens layed her first egg over the weekend. It almost seems like I asked them to pose for the picture.

 Such a busy morning so far. Decided to get some orange slices and apple slices in the dehydrator before the baking begins.

See all this sweet stuff?
Some of the ingredients we need to make our goodies with.

 Skylar got started on making some sugar cookies.
I said use up what we have. We had this container in the freezer.



 While Skylar was working on the sugar cookies, Kaitlin got the banana bread mixed up.


 About an hour later she got a BIG batch of mini loaves done.

 A lot going on in the kitchen at one time. I got started on making the fudge. Who doesn't like fudge!?

 Letting the fudge cool.

 The kittens (Alex, Sunday, Squirt) came to the back door and were wanting some attention. The girls spoil them cats.
Cuddles was wanting some of the action too.


 Don't forget about the peanut clusters.


 Next to me working was Kaitlin & Skylar making peanut butter cookies. Yum!


 A full day of baking! 

Day 1 of Baking:
2 Trays of Fudge
24 mini loaves of Banana Bread
1 ice cream tub full of Sugar Cookies
2 containers of Peanut Butter Cookies
2 containers of Peanut Clusters

 Cats just love boxes. I don't know why but they do.

Collected eggs for the day.


Day 2 of Baking
 The oranges and apple slices are done. I can't tell you yet what I am doing with them.

 Lets get started with some Chocolate Chip Cookies!


 Now that is a big bite!

I think all of us like eating this stuff before it goes into the oven.
I guess that's why we made a double batch. Eat a little, bake a little.

 This is for Tim and Kaitlin.
Coconut Macaroons.



 Two done and two more to go.

 Skylar and Kaitlin got this all ready.
No Bake Cookies

 All I had to do is scoop them out on a tray.

 Baking all day and still not done. But evening chores come first and then we walked up to check our mail. It's pretty cold outside.

 Kaitlin measured out all the ingredients and Skylar got the white almond bark melting.
We call this stuff White Trash.

Double batch made 5 container fulls.

Day 2 of baking:
5 containers of White Trash
1 big container of Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 containers of No Bake Cookies
1 container of Coconut Macaroons

Thanks for coming along on our 2 days of 
Holiday Baking!






2 comments: