Saturday, March 30, 2019

MOVED DUCKS!

It's been a long winter with the ducks being housed with the chickens. They are messy and smelly!!


When we move any of our birds, we move them at night. They do better since they sleep at night. So the next day I went to let them out of their Duck Inn.

I have plans on calling them in at night with feed. This way they are locked up and safe. Besides they lay their eggs super early in the morning. This way I can still collect their eggs.

So day 1, they are loving the pond and the freedom!
I like not having to smell them in the hen house. So this is a win win thing.

By night 2 they weren't letting me lock them up.
After several tries. My ducks won their freedom. I tried negotiating with them. I won't force you all in if you don't lay your eggs in the pond. Look they left me one egg right by the pond. Not exactly what I was wanting, but it's not in the pond.

So now a week into their freedom, no more duck eggs.
They are in the pond. But I really enjoy the ducks on the pond.



I still put their feed inside their house for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment