Sunday, April 8, 2018

MEAT BROILERS!

I got a call from the post office. They told me my babies are in!
WHAT?
Yes, I was expecting them just not for another day. Tim called them Monday and they said either Wednesday or Thursday. Today is Tuesday. I was planning on turning the heat lights on Tuesday night so it would be nice and warm for them. Instead they come a day earlier and it is so cold. I mean the other waterers for the animals are frozen. We just weren't ready today. I am more concerned about the cold temperatures. YIKES!

So with happy faces we scrambled and thawed the waterers and turned on 3 heat lights and said a prayer.
We headed to the post office in town with smiles on our faces. Come on now, they are cute when they are this young!

These little chicks weren't too noisy.

Believe it or not, with the amount of holes these little ones were super warm. Now I am worried! It's really cold.

Kaitlin helped me count all of them and dunk their beaks in the water. The total of 104. Only one was dead in the box leaving 103 beaks to dunk.


Seeing them all crowd together and noticed they might not go to the nipple waterer for a couple of more days. Thought it might be a good idea to put another waterer in.

With 3 heat lights these little ones are still huddled together so tightly. Added the extra waterer.

After getting them settled they turned up the noise.
It is starting to warm up in the shed coop. Now we wait and make sure the temperature change doesn't change our numbers.

One of our friends is taking 25 of them. We just need to keep them warm in transit.

They are so cute at this age.

Check out the video of them:




I used a styrofoam cooler to transport 25 of them to our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment