Friday, April 27, 2018

BABY CHICKS & DOGS!

Another exciting day on the homestead!

Can we just say baby chicks!!!

I just really love baby chicks. Not sure why other than they are so darn cute!

If ya'll forgot I have two favorite hens here on the homestead. If you ask any of my family or friends they will say they are all my favorite ones. So lets rephrase that, my favorite broody hens.
I have 2, yep only 2 black copper marans. They tend to go broody for me. They are the greatest. I care for them and they care for the baby chicks. Down side is I don't get to mess with the baby chicks for a while. When I do they scream so bad that momma has a fit.

Recently, I posted about Ms. Boss and her babies. They are doing well. Babies are growing and don't need mom. So Ms. Boss is back with the rest of the flock.

Sassy-Pants has started hatching out her babies.
She isn't revealing them very easily this time.
Mostly because some are in the middle of hatching.
She knows what she is doing.

The two little yellow ones are buff orpingtons.

Sassy-Pants was sitting on 10 eggs. Nine of them hatched and when I checked the tenth one, it wasn't fertile. Pretty successfull hatching.

These little chicks are hard to get a picture of.
There are 4 black ones (mix of black jersey giant/barred rock), and 5 pure buff orpingtons.

Meet my newest broody hen, my silkie hen.
She just decided she was gonna stay on the eggs. I kept removing her but she kept going back on them. So she is sitting on 5 eggs.

I might possibility have another broody hen. Ya'll remember our banty hen, Charcoal? Skylar mentioned tonight she was sitting on some eggs. I will know for sure tomorrow.

Willow

Scout

Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment