Friday, April 27, 2018

DANDELIONS!

I don't know if you get excited about dandelions or not.
Around here we gather them up.

Last year I collected trays of them and dried them.
We used them for tea. I also gathered enough to make a salve.
There is so many different things to do with them.

Last summer I used the leaves in our salad. 
The leaves are high in vitamin A and C, also is a powerful diuretic.
So many other benefits.

 Lots of dandelions here. I can also hear the honey bees on some of them.

 Today, I am gonna make some tea. 
I have some gathered. I will rinse them in a ACV and water mixture for 20 or so minutes. Then rinse them good and clean. Remove any grassy stuff and dirt. 

I placed them in a 1/2 gallon jar and put some dried peppermint leaves in and added about 1/4 cup of sugar. I let it steep for 20 minutes.
Strain it and refrigerate it.

I am hoping to have time this weekend to make some dandelion jelly! Now that sounds delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment