Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A BUSY KITCHEN!

I don't know about your house, but our kitchen is the busiest place in the house. It is the hardest room to keep clean for more than 30 minutes. We clean it to dirty it again. It's not just me. I have two girls who use this kitchen and at times it just isn't big enough. 

Anyways, lets get busy in the kitchen!


~~Zucchini Bread~~
First we grind the flour.

I am making a double batch so 6 eggs.

I added sugar and oil.

Cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.

I already added the zucchini. 
It smells so good at this point.

It is ready to go in the oven. I really need to get new mini bread pans. 

*** See the pot on the stove???
Making bone broth for the animals too. 

I already got some bagged up and this batch just came out of the oven. Yes, we were eating the first loaf that came out of the oven.
YUMMY!

Zucchini Bread Recipe

3 Eggs
2 cups Sugar (If doubling recipe use 3 cups Sugar)
3 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Oil
3 cups Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 cups Grated Zucchini

Grease and Flour pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-60 minutes depending on pan size.

NEXT.....................


This is my view from my kitchen.

~~PUREEING PUMPKINS~~
I washed all of them to get ready to slice them open.

This is slimy business!

You bet'cha we are seed saving. We got plans to bake them.

This was a long process.

But, I finally got them in the oven to bake for a hourish.

I used both ovens. It comes in handy for times like this.

Had to take a break outside while the pumpkins were baking.
I really like watching the clouds move. It's just relaxing.

Got the broth done for the animals.
This was left over bones from our meal. I do make bone broth for us. We have so many chickens and bones, we get plenty to share for the animals too.

Skylar laid out the pumpkin seeds to dry.

I cut off all the skin.

I worked on pureeing it in our awesome blender.

Perfect!
Nice and creamy!

Kaitlin bagged several thousand bags. 
Don't know how many but she kept measuring and pouring them into the bags.


~~BREAKFAST~~
 We got some new cheese and wanted to try it.

 Add some tomatoes and this dish is done.
The cheese was delish!

~~BREADED EGGPLANT~~
 I grounded more flour and got some eggs whipped up and some seasoned breadcrumbs.

 That's right folks we just need the eggplant.
I got them washed up and ready for slicing.

 Another messy job and trying to take pictures of this process. That wasn't gonna happen. This is the first tray.

 Second tray.
Now I will freeze them for a couple of hours.
Then, I will wrap them up separately and put them back in the freezer.

 Let me just say, I couldn't resist cooking up a couple of them for lunch for Kaitlin and I. Skylar isn't as adventurous as we are. She said she doesn't like eggplant. Who doesn't like eggplant?

 Yep, this is smelling really good!!!!!

 Add a little marinera sauce and fresh mozzarella.
Now that is what I'm talking about.

 Another break...
I took a walk to get the mail and walk around the pond.


Now it is bagged for future lunches or dinners.
I think Tim was disappointed that we didn't have any for dinner.
Sorry, Babe!

~~DICING ZUCCHINI~~
 We got a load of zucchini and have been pureeing it, shredding it, dicing it, and giving it away. My freezer can't hold no more!

 I diced them and scooped them in the bags.


 Now they are ready for the already busting freezer!


No comments:

Post a Comment