Tuesday, September 5, 2017

MORE BROODY HENS & NEW CHICKS ARE COMING!

Something is always changing on the farm.
Sometimes it is hard to keep up. When I am asked how many chickens do I have, I used to give the number. Let's face it. 
I am crazy!
I don't know exactly how many we have. Our numbers go up and down. Not all my fault. Things happen. 
Right now, our numbers are down. When we hatch out chicks we end up with more ROOSTERS. We really want hens. So we, yes, "WE". This would be my husband, give a shout out for Tim. 
Yes, we, Tim and I ordered more baby chicks. I won't give the number we ordered yet........

But, I already have broody hens sitting on eggs.
Yes, I am crazy!
But I now have a partner in on this with me. The girls just roll their eyes. They are more interested in their banty's then the bigger hens. They even like my silkies.

Let's check out who is broody!

 Meet Ursula
(Black Australorp)

 Meet Maleficent
(Black Australorp/Black Jersey Giant Mix)

 And everyone has already met my favorite and best broody hen of all
Sassy-Pants!
She really is the best!
(Black Copper Maran)

And Red-Ridinghood is still doing great with her two little chicks.
(Rhode Island Red)
We will keep you updated when those cute little chicks start to hatching.


No comments:

Post a Comment