Thursday, October 26, 2017

MORE CANNING!

The harvest has been great this year!


The girls and I had these canned so fast.

We chopped up the peppers and put them in the freezer and did another batch of banana peppers and jalapenos.

~~BLACKBERRY JAM~~
I had a bag of blackberries that a friend gave us. I had put them in the freezer for later use. I thawed it out and now we are ready to make some blackberry jam.

Got the recipe from a book called Saving the Season.

2-1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Smash it! Mix it well.
I did use my blender to get a smoother texture.

Getting in the jars.

Seriously, this stuff is yummy!

This made 8 jelly jars.

Next.....

~~CANNED CARROTS~~
Kaitlin peeled the carrots.
I chopped them up.




We got a big bowl full.

I put them in a pot with water to cook them for a few. The pot in the back is with water to use for the liquid once I put them in the jars. I won't use the same water I am using to heat them up with.
Once I put the carrots in the jars I will add water to the correct head space then will add onion soup mix. 
For quarts I added 1 tablespoon and for pints I added 1 teaspoon. I never made it this way before. I really hope it turns out good.
It smells delicious!

I had to do two batches.

Made 5 quarts and 4 pints of canned carrots with onion soup mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment