Saturday, June 2, 2018

MORE MEAT BIRDS!!

Call us crazy!!

Cuz we are!

Yep, more meat birds and we still have 70 birds that are almost ready to butcher. Why not add more. I blame Tim.


We were prepared this time. They are gonna call a day before it I just know it. I had the shed ready to go. I put down the bedding, filled up the waterers, put the food in the trays and turned on the heat light the night before. All I need to do was put the corn-meal in the pans and add chicks!

No call that morning. I just kept the heat light on. I was just being lazy that day. I was thinking I will shut it off later in the day and turn it back on later that night. I just want to be prepared this time. Weather is good, little warm. Not like last time and it was so cold. The shed had a hard time heating up and the chicks huddled for hours.

Then I get a text! That's right a text from my husband saying,"Baby chicks are in". 
What???

How does he know that? They always call me. So I called him to double check what he was saying. Yes they are in.

So, Skylar and I loaded up and picked them up from the post office.

They came in two boxes this time.

This is the cute, not smelly stage.
I like it when they are like this. You can hold them, cuddle them, not get pooped on. It's the best stage.

Now it's time to open them up and get the beak dunkin' and counting begin.

The small box is done. Not quite half way.


These chicks were good and warm and so is the shed. They were very active today. Also, loving the water.

Total count - 106



They were all healthy looking and no dead ones.
That's a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment