Saturday, February 24, 2018

JUST DAILY STUFF! ***GRAPHIC

I think with the cold and clouds not many of us feel like doing much. Blogging is one of them. Besides-having slow internet doesn't help. I took tons of pictures, so there was no shortage there. It has been cold, cloudy, and we have just hung out mostly in the garage by the wood stove. Lots of hanging out with the girls. Taking care of puppies. Three of them are keeping us busy. 
Enough said!!


The only thing growing right now is them puppies!
It's funny how we have three kennels for them and they choose to lay in one.

Cuddles gets her own bed.
She is the special dog!

Tim was hauling some firewood that was already cut last year.
We are just now getting around to moving it.

Tim and Kaitlin are hand splitting the wood.

It was just way to cold to try and start the log spliter.
We had a couple of wagon fulls to cut.

On a little nicer day,
Tim split the rest of the wood and got it all stacked up.

He even cleaned up the small pieces.
Now we have a great start on next winters wood.

I like how the clouds look!

We put fresh straw out for the birds. No need to spread it out. They will have more fun doing that job!

Mr. Celebrity is getting so big.
We are talking about butchering him real soon. I don't know if he will fit in our roaster pan. I cooked up one at Thanksgiving weighing 25 lbs. and barely fit. We thought we would have to cut it in half and cook it in two pans. It was tight, but managed it in one pan.

I have a broody hen!
So I gave her some eggs. I know that looks like a lot but they are really small, they are silky/banty eggs.


Ms. Boss is gonna do the job.

We need rain!!!!
Our pond is drying up.

Me with Willow
Isn't she getting big?
I look at her today and she is bigger than in the picture.
She is such a big baby.

Here are a few pictures from around the farm on different times and days.




Before long those trees will have buds on them
I welcome SPRING!


I was in the barn the other day and noticed something out of the corner of my eye. What is that?

Everyday this box is on the ground with a egg either in it or around it. Who lays this egg in this box??

My sassy Rhode Island Red!
Of course she jumps out once she sees me and breaks her egg.

Darn chickens!

We seem to say that a lot around here.

Look what we have...
A male stud for our female rabbit.
He (they call him Daddy) is on loan for a couple of weeks.

I will say it has taken Amber about a week to warm up to him.
Now they are great together.

(I know the cage has Aspen on it, she passed away. We haven't wanted to take her name off of it. She was a great rabbit and we miss her)

See that Guinea??

With the temperatures really low and into negative temperatures, two of the guineas decided to stay outside. I tried every night to get them off of the roofs. One decided she had enough and went in the hen house. A little frost bite on her toes and was missing a few of the tips of them.About six nights later the other one got caught by Tim and Skylar. She was bleeding from her face and missing some of her toes/claws/feet (not sure what you call them). I call them toes. She had frostbite. Them guineas are hard to raise.


We have been giving her medicine in her water and a shot for 5 days. She is doing really good and seems to be getting her strength back. She is gonna loose one foot and is missing most of her toes on the other side. Not sure yet if she can handle going back in with the flock. Time will tell.

You can see the guinea in the back. She is with another injured hen.
Keeping each other company.


This is what her feet look like. She is doing much better.
She will loose her foot but not her leg.


Her face has healed.

I am not sure what her story is.
All I know is that she got her neck stuck in something and when she was found her neck was ripped open to the bone. WHAT! I am saying they all need to stop getting hurt. So we put some medicine on her neck and in her water. We honestly didn't think she would make it through the night. Next morning she is still alive and her comb bright red. She is doing great now and her neck is almost healed. Not enough to put her back with the flock. She has started laying eggs. So I will keep her back from the roosters for now.


******** GRAPHIC *********





Another one is injured! All I see is meat and bones. Skin ripped clean away.

Got her in the cage with the other three. I put some medicine on her wound and some in her water. Now we wait.

The rest of the hens are doing great.

I got the ducks moved back to the front of property. 
Back at the pond, where they belong.

Kaitlin and Scout

Me with Willow

Skylar with Shadow

Thanks for coming along on our journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment