Sunday, December 17, 2017

CANNING BUTTER!

Check out this BIG box of butter I got!


30 sticks of butter.
Now that's alot of butter. We are gonna can this stuff.

I used one of my biggest pots. I will need to do this in two batches.

I got the butter melted down. So I need to add them to the jars.
Since the butter is hot, I placed the jars in the oven to get them hot.
I also put the seals in a pot of hot water.

The jars are nice and hot.

I ladled the hot butter into the hot jars. I wiped the rims with vinegar water and put the seals and rings on tight.

Once they are in the jars you have to shake them about every ten to fifteen minutes. This is to keep the cream from separating. In the photo above you can see some of the white on top of the darker yellow.

This is what it looks like all done. We had to keep shaking them for about 3-4 hours while they cooled. Shaking them was the longest process. But they look good.

***** Just want to let you all know the butter is delicious! It was worth the time to can and we will do it again. Sometimes people do things and you never know how they really like it after they do it.
We like it. My girls have made several comments that they like how easily it spreads after they open the jar. And it tastes really good too! Normally our freezer is full of frozen butter. Canning the butter frees up space in the freezer and makes it readily available to use on demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment